Syracuse Scar Revision
If you are bothered by a scar, whether from an injury, illness, or surgery, scar revision may make it less noticeable and improve its appearance. In addition to performing cosmetic procedures, CNY Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery is well known across Central New York, including Watertown, Utica, and Syracuse, for advanced scar revision treatment.
To learn more about your scar revision options, request a consultation online to meet with Dr. Gregory Baum or Dr. Anthony Deboni – both board-certified plastic surgeons. You can also call our office in East Syracuse, New York at (315) 329-6462 .
Since every scar is unique, our board-certified plastic surgeons in the Syracuse, NY area use a variety of highly individualized treatment options that include:
- Excision: Surgically removes the scar tissue and closes the area with a delicate surgical technique that may leave a finer, less noticeable scar than before
- Excision with radiation: After surgical excision, radiation therapy is used. This may calm the wound healing process and may prevent hypertrophic or keloid scars
- Z-plasty: Surgically alters the scar using angled flaps on either side of the original scar site that can completely reposition or change scar direction
- Cortisone injections: Smooth down elevated scars
- Injectable fillers: Restore volume under indented or depressed scars to raise the area to the level of the surrounding skin
When you visit Dr. Baum or Dr. Deboni for your consultation, you will receive a thorough explanation of the appropriate options for your specific scar and skin type. Our goal is to determine the best option for you and to help you establish realistic expectations for your outcome.